Monday, December 14, 2009

No worries

has been my theme for about a month. We actually had a day without rain and it was 60 degrees. So sweet! The only plan I had was to pedal for most of the day. The day started out with some thick fog so hung around long enough to watch the fog lift away. Riding by 10:30 with a tentative loop. Started out with some roads up and out of town to some nice gravel. Climbed up to High Knob only to descend some true sketchiness. Steep and packed dirt with a nice layer of moisty goodness on top only to run into 50 yard sections of 3 inch thick loose gravel. Just hold on and try to stay upright. Would be a way better climb due to a HUGE sketch factor. Stopped by a house my buddy Dann-o is building and help set a few large windows then away I went.
Hit up a road I haven't been on in years and missed a major turn. 12 miles later I had to ask the state road workers where I was. Ended up being in the wrong county and had to backtrack. Whatever, made it home 5 1/2 hours after starting and a solid 70 miles was thrown down. Will try for a few more biggies the latter part of the week and weekend. I'm out. peace.

1 comment:

  1. Marshall and I love the new pic of you and Maddie! I love your socks too. Tell Andy we said Hello! Hope the season is treating you wonderfully. Shanna

    ReplyDelete