Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thursday Night Ride

So did a tits night ride the other day, but added a few miles in before the ride started. Parked at Bergan park then rolled through Elk Meadow, pretty much had the hole open space to myself, so nice. then climbed up to Bergen peak. It felt sooo hot on the climb up, but on the way down it felt like nice fall evening.
There's the meadow that I started in.
Then over to Dedisse to meet up with the tits crew. Made pretty good time as I waited for about an hour. Watched this little guy for quite a while. He came over and checked out my feet for a bit then away he went.
Then over to three siters and hit up most of the stuff over that way. Coming down this section, I blew the tire off of the rim. Thought I could squeeze through a tight spot, but all I could squeeze out was the air from my tire. Everyone was flatting on this ride. It's what I get for talking smack to everyone.
Then made my way back through Elk Meadow in the dark. Was able to make it without tuning the light on. Back to the no light rule, Asheville style.
Ended up with just under 50 miles, not a bad ride for a thursday evening. Headed down to the springs for a 70ish mile ride on sunday. A circuit-esque ride around pikes peak with just under 12,000 feet of climbing. It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment