Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fall is in the air

and I am luvin' it. High's in the 50's for the last several days. Absolutely beautiful! I recently found out that if you don't ride your bike you get slow. Not crazy slow but slower than I can remember being, in quite a while. Arms all healed up, pedaling as much as I feel like and enjoying the coastie bits of my shiny I-9's. No real plan, just coasting along and enjoying every minute of it.

Gonna meet up with csakany in two weeks to do the last few miles of the CT. Will start outside of Salida and finish in Durango. Should take us 4-ish days and should be a blast. Been on very little of the trail in that part of the state, the views and riding are supposed to be phenomenal!

Postponed the build date on the wolfie, had some unexpected expenses come up so put it on hold. The cool thing about that is Fred, of wolfhound, told me to give him a shout when I am ready and will be next in line. So rad!!! That should allow me to get some winter gear, ski stuff, before the white stuff starts falling and have a bike ready to roll for the spring time. This should help with the timing associated with the seasonal changes.

The Leadville 100 is Saturday, so plan on watching lots of people at the start line take off and maybe head to to power line for the climb or may just go for a sweet ride instead. Oh yeah, Lance bailed on it this year according to velo news, but there should still be a pretty strong group of riders showing up. Good times. Peace

1 comment:

  1. sweet lance bails that opens up a spot for you! ;) Glad we got to pedal for a short bit the other night!

    ReplyDelete