Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Movin' on up





I was supposed to move today, but that's not happening. The plan was to put everything in a storage unit in Evergreen for a month or two, just 'til I get the living situation figured out in Leadville. I plan on winging it 'til I find my new digs. Anyway, since we got over a foot of snow and are expecting some more I decided maybe I should wait a couple days. I will be out of Denver no later than March 31st!

So here I am, bored outta my mind! Heavy, wet, sloppy-ass snow that I want no part of. It's crazy how spoiled you get when conditions are generally so amazing out here. Whatever, it is what it is.

So here's the plan for the new town. I am partnering up with an existing/established chinese medicine clinic, Balance Healing. The plan is to integrate a community style approach, Leadville Community Acupuncture, to better accommodate the working class individuals who live there. We are in an existing building a mile from town. The plan is to be in a new downtown location within the first year, one that we own. It's actually quite exciting.

There are may unknown's about the future, but it sure is going to be fun!

The mountains are why I came to CO, but since finishing school was my priority the mountain lifestyle got pushed aside, somewhat. I can think of no city that would have been a better fit to live in for a few years while finishing school. Denver is a super cool town that feels WAY smaller than what it actually is. I enjoyed my time here, but it is time to move on.

The small town, nestled in the mtns is what I desire. I am from a small town in central WV and prefer the simplest way of life. So away I go. Moving forward to live the life that I desire all the while helping as many people as possible along the way.

I am also looking forward to the side effect of living at 10,000', getting in amazing shape!

So now, as Dr. Samples always told me, to FOCUS on the task at hand. Establishing an amazing and highly sought after clinic that focuses on treating people the way they should be treated at a price that is easily affordable by all.

I'm going to end with my quote of the day: Live your life and be happy, if you're not happy with your current situation, I hope you have the courage to stop what you're doing and start over. Remember you are in control of your own situation. peace

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good e! will sure miss ya around these parts but no distance will change friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent about a week living in/out of a storage unit in Evergreen. Nice little town. Had a great little auto repair shop fix my van brakes for about $700.00 less than the guy in Durango wanted to. Glad you are creating the life you want my friend.

    ReplyDelete