Wednesday, March 17, 2010

tired dog

A lot has been going on in the past week or so, at least in my mind. So, what better way to let the mind go, than to ride bikes. There isn't much better in this world. Was in Leadville for the weekend taking care of some business..........more to come on this subject shortly. Got a note from Spike about BC being good to go, or at least better than before. So I headed that direction with my b&w friend, to meet up with Spike and Avion. The plan was for an evening into dusk ride and since I had nothing going on today I figured I would camp out and then hit it again this a.m. Good times for sure. Conditions last night were sweet, except the fact that I forgot my light. Still some snow here and there but overall it was mostly rideable. That is until we pushed, literally, our way to the gashouse/baldy intersection. Turned around and rocked it back down sandy. The descent was feeling good and the fixie was rolling. It's always good having spike make me push the envelope when going down hills. Good times.

Kicked it in la hotel v-dub for the night in the trailhead parking lot. Dipped down in the low 20's but wasn't bad at all. Woke up with the warmth of the sun and decided to do the same ride as last night. Moisty was the theme of the day. BC is awesome of an evening, but stay away from the before noon hours, as the melt from the nightly freeze is on. Actually got muddy today. What a nice climb when your tires sink in about an inch with each pedal stroke. The easier gear made it spinnable and worth it. Got to the turnaround point and raced the dog back down. She tried to snake me in a few corners, that she would shortcut, but was unable to make a sustained pass.

SO much fun to be riding on dirt. About to see how long the weather holds out. Gonna hit up the T.I.T.S. ride tomorrow evening and call it 3 days in a row, on dirt. b&w has been sleeping all afternoon, I guess 40ish miles in a 15hr time period can do that to a rad little dog.

Leadville update coming...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment