Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunny in CO!


Hit up BC today with Brian and the black and white critter. We were anticipating some snow and a little slop. Ended up with some snow but mostly slop. Slogged our way up Strawberry then over to Charlie's cutoff. Did a little bushwacking so that we could actually ride where the snow was untracked. Then down sandy wash. Got to the bottom then turned around and headed back. Huge difference in the trail conditions from the way down to the way back. The melt is officially on. A few more good days and it'll be golden, esp. if we get some of the rain that is in the forecast for the week. For those who didn't make it out on this ride, all you missed was a slogfest that was full of slummin' by this guy! Big gears and very moisty trails are crazy hard. However, where the trails were dry was a nice reminder of what is about to open up.


Yesterday a group of us headed to Pueblo. It's a long ass haul to get there but worth the jaunt. I had never been, so I latched on to the group headed that way. Here's a video with the theme of the day. We stop for a flat, I lay down right on top of a cactus. Gavin has to pull all of the stickers out of my back while I pull them out of my hand and arm all the while the Chad get's a flat while his bike is sitting on the side of the trail. Classic.



There were a total of (5) flats with (3) of them belonging to the Chad. I had one more encounter where Chad yelled out left then changed it to right and I brushed a 5 ft tall cactus with my leg. Filled my knee full of those stupid little stickers. We don't have that shit where I'm from. So not used to looking out for cacti while riding in the desert.

Other than those little mishaps the day was solid. 60+ degree day, good company, Chad making me keep the pace at a borderline uncomfortable state and dry trails. The bikes were dusty by the end of the ride. Just under 30 miles. It was a stellar weekend on the bike. Didn't realize that it would be ok to bring the dog to Pueblo, next time she'll lay down the roost for sure.

Consecutive days on the trail. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment