Thursday, May 7, 2009

Another Day in Pisgah!!!


Here's Jane not wanting to be beside of me, and yes that is her jersey I am wearing. And as a matter of fact all of my clothes are still wet from yesterdays ride. Pleasant, huh?

So, yesterday's ride got cut a little short, but whatever. It was good to go spend a day with Marshall, just pedaling our bikes. It's not often there is another guy on a carbon ss, but that's how we roll.
On to today, Jane picked me up and we headed over to the campsite from the night before so I could take down Marshall's shelter and pack up my hammock and rainfly. Then it was off to the ranger district for some sweet and techie riding. Jane decided it was a day for the geared bike and away we pedaled. I didn't have a shirt so had to borrow a jersey from Jane. If you would have seen me, you would think that I would be fast or something. Got in around a 2hr pedal, that had a few little techie climbs with some nice and fun descents. Spent a fair share of time snapping some pics while generally just enjoying being in the woods.
The weather was absolutely gorgeous today, it would have been perfect for the ride that was planned yesterday, but shit happens.
This trail on top of black mtn was ridiculously green and absolutely beautiful.
It's all of these hidden little sections of trail that I miss the most about riding in the east. It's always wet and rooty with water trickling off of everything.

After the ride, we had to stop and get some ice cream which is a great way to finish a ride. Put a new hollywood rack together and installed it on Jane's rig then got dropped off at Gabe's house where Big Nate and Gab were rocking the grill with hot wings, steaks, corn, squash, zucchini and potatoes. Followed that up by hitting the brew & view for a world bicycle relief fund raiser that was showing the video, seasons. Have to say it was a good day!

This trip has made me realize that when I do the Colorado Trail this summer that I am not going to do it at the time of the race. I would rather do it in a fast but casual pace in the 7ish day range. 500 plus miles of singletrack in 7 days is still a good pace, but maybe I can at least enjoy the sights along the way.

Going to go ride with John Greene and Anne tomorrow for their pre-wedding ride. Should be a good time. peace

No comments:

Post a Comment