Saturday, May 23, 2009

Stellar!!!

sweetness, an excellent start to the day


riding through the clouds
finding the snow line, 11,250'
beautiful and tucked away singletrack, it's good to be in the know



exposed side cut, over 5 miles of this pristine 1-trackKevin, Jeremy and the vicious

Had an absolutely awesome bike ride today. Met up with PBR and evil mountain goat at 5:30 this morning for some sweetness in Georgetown. I had heard this was good but didn't realize just how good, until today.

Parked at the visitor's center and headed up. Climbed up a bunch of stuff that led us to 11,250ft, which was also the snow line. We realized it was chilly, but on the descent back down we soon realized it was right around freezing. My hands were pretty numb, no gloves as I despise them, and add that to the fact that my hands were pretty tender and sore from my crash yesterday. This added up to a very slow descent on my behalf. It would be safe to say that I descended like a Susie cream cheese, lame!

After the gravel road descent is where the awesomeness began. Absolutely amazing singletrack! Some of the best I have ridden out here. Narrow, twisty, cliff side with high exposure filled with technical delight. It was a good day. Ended up with 35 miles of mostly singletrack while being out for just over 6 and 1/2 hours, under 5 of ride time. Other than the fact that my hands straight up hurt, it was a great day on the bike. Kevin and Jeremy both rocked it and we got lots of pictures. Can't wait to link up some more sweetness from that area. Hopefully we can get a 100 mile loop pieced together. That would be rad.

14 hours of saddle time on the fixie between yesterday and today. It sure feels nice!

Oh yeah, GO NUGGETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice E! Thanks for coming. I think I've got some plans for exploring the North side of Clear Creek soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm watching you. Got ya' the bFAT link, here on the green coast.

    ReplyDelete