Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Here's a quick rundown of my drive to WV from CO, in reverse. Hung out with Jenny, Darin and Keira in Huntington. This little girl is a bundle of awesome. So good to hang out with my peeps.
Rode this afternoon with BoYes in Barboursville Park. I had forgotten what east coast humidity is like, shitty. I made comments about it and Mike was like, I didn't think it was that bad. CO has spoiled me, for sure.
Maddie came running down the trail, mouth covered in blood. I thought she had ripped her lower lip off, but as I cleaned up the wound with water I realized that it was only a hole in her tongue. It was actually quite nice, a hole completely through her tongue. She sucked it up and finished the ride without a complaint.
Hung out with one of my favorite people, Dr. Samples at his clinic all morning. Focus, the lesson of the day and my words of wisdom!
Do I need a bus? maybe, we'll see.
So there is a story with this pic. I was rolling through Kansas and happened to look out my rear view mirror only to see my wheel cruising across the highway and through the median. Scanned for a mile marker and found a turn around spot to start looking. Hiked up and down the highway in search of my wheel when a state trooper pulled up and asked what I was doing and I non-chalantly said "nothing, just hanging out," he then said "well, can I help you." So I told him the story and away he went. A mile later I finally find my wheel leaning up against the fence on the other side of the highway. I was stoked. I threw the wheel in the backseat and Maddie decided to hide behind it. She slept there for hours.

The ride from CO started out not so good and it continued all the way here. Headed up I-25 and missed the I-70 turn off. Slighlty retarded, I know. Only one real turn on my 1,400 mile trip and I miss it, 20 min from the house. silly. Then within the first hour I get a speeding ticket, 88 in a 75, lame. The speed limit should definitely be at least 90 mph through CO and KS. Stupid speed limits. Took me 25 hours to get to WV. Napped for a quick hour at midnight and then for two more hours right before sunrise. Quick and painless!

Plan on enjoying the next two weeks before I do it all again, in reverse.

Leave friday for the tour de WV!

peace

2 comments:

  1. Hells yah! if you don't need that bus i do! Comes with stickers too! i like it. sucks on the ticket! Have fun e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lock down those skewers, boy!
    Enjoy that humidity while ya can.

    ReplyDelete