Sunday, August 9, 2009

Slackin'

So met with PBRme for an early morning bc jaunt. Riding by 6:45 after driving for 45 min is no joke. Felt like a big pile of doggie doo for the first hour or so. Legs were heavy with no get up and go, lack of focus and generally no desire to ride bikes. After we climbed up to green mtn, I finally felt a little bit of flow coming on. Just let it go and quit thinking. Ah, this is why I ride bikes. Good day of riding in absolutely perfect temperature. Can't wait to do it all again!
Maddie wondering why we're sitting still.
Mamma wondering why we are interrupting her morning walk.

Tried to go for a sunset ride yesterday. Had planned on a 35ish mile easy jaunt, with some techie goodness, to get the legs a turning. Made it part way up the first climb, maybe 2 miles, and decided I had no desire to ride my bicycle. Next thing I know, I'm just chilling in the grass with the wind blowing & enjoying the big green hill almost entirely to myself. Ended up riding almost 5 miles and thought it was the worst ride , EVER! Some days you just don't have it, and this was definitely one of those days.

Dropped my wheels off to get some lovin' from Steve, so should be ready to roll in a few days.

Monarch Crest Trail next saturday, anyone?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment