Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Lord's Day

Went to Estes today to ride a loop with the boys from the springs. Had planned on hitting Crosier Mtn. and then rolling over and climbing up to Donner Pass. Didn't happen!

The ride started out solid, for the first 2 miles. At our first real intersection, we were short a Paul. So back up the climb to make sure all is good. As soon as I get back to the top he said all was good, flat, and we headed back down. Then his second flat happened at the bottom of said hill. I go to take a picture and there is no camera. So back up the hill in search of camera, found it 3 miles later in the car. Stupid camera or me, however you want to look at it.

Now to try and catch some fast dudes who had a BIG headstart on me. Get back to where Paul had his second flat and I got the same present, think it may have even been the same rock. Patched some holes and up I went. Finally ran into them at the turn off for Crozier as they had just finished that descent. Timing wasn't too bad on my part.

Then dropped an uber fun descent. Hacked it up all the way down, but it sure was fun.
Once the descent was over, the exploring began. Missed the road we were supposed to turn on by a few miles. Back tracked and up we went. Three mile gravel climb and we were at the border of the wilderness area. On up to the trailhead only to find this stupid no white bike's sign. None of us were riding white bikes but decided to turn around anyways.

Paul and Fred tried to figure it out, but to no avail. Away we went to finish the ride. This is where the slumming really began. I had been dragging ass all day but this was the point when I said I would rather push than try to clean that little climb. Kind of sad, but it happens!


Some more of the beauty that is Colorado, the place I call home! 36ish miles with 5000' of climbing.



After riding the coastie for 6 days in a row I am not sure if I still like it. I REALLY enjoy riding the fixie, but can only go so fast down the hill. Not sure of the coastie but can let it rip without really thinking. hmmm, decisions. we'll see how it plays out. peace

No comments:

Post a Comment