Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Slackin!

So I haven't been on the bike much lately, but it's ok. The tree thing (job) has me beat down. 12 hour days running a saw and carrying big 'ole logs up the side of mountains is no joke. Haven't ridden in the last 10 days or so, but plan on hitting it again starting tomorrow. My five day weekend should help out.

Been dealing with vehicle non-sense. Sold the big blue dodge and have spent the last few days trying to find something to upgrade too. I have this '79 civic, but it's on the way out. This shit makes my head spin. Found this '98 GTI, signed the paperwork today and pick it up on Friday a.m. to head up to Spikefest. It should be good for the time being. Until I can get me an STI wagon.

Back to bikes. Dropped the Vicious off at the powdercoater last week for some MUCH needed love. The pictures don't really do it justice. Green metallic that changes color in the sunlight. It turned out pretty sik!, now if I only had some sweet phil wood hubs to bolt up to her. SInce the frame was stripped I decided to polish up my old XT cranks a bit. They definitely look way better, I just didn't spend very much time with them since they are pretty marred from all of the rock mashing I do with them. This is the first cleaning she has had in about 2 years. She cleans up nice and lost a few pounds. A new tugnutt is on the way and she will be ready to roll.

Maybe I will rock the fixie for the 85 mile ride at Spikefest or the coastie for the 110 mile option. I have two days to figure it out.

peace

4 comments:

  1. the bike looks sic!! Your gonna have to give me some tips on polishing cranks! My XT's need some lovin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dammit! I spoiled the surprise, but am lookin forward to seein it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could only get Vicious to send me some decals and quit being bitches. Maybe I'll just create my own?

    ReplyDelete